- ECOLOO. This is a waterless composting loo. Essential information on use inside loo which MUST be followed closely. Obtain code from a Committee member
- LINE MANAGERS: each line has a Line Manager LM contactable by email – see website.
- MAILCHIMP: information is sent out by mailchimp.
- BOUNDARIES of plot: responsibility to keep grass mown and accessible on path to right and bottom facing downhill. Water pipes are laid under paths. No digging into paths. Ballcocks on tanks are fragile. Report damage or leaks to line manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLANNING your plot: leave 1ft inside boundary for compost bins, toolbox raised beds, new trees.
- BONFIRES: within incinerators only, Tues & 1st Sat, last Sun of month. No painted/treated wood.
- RUBBISH: compost weeds on plot. Use brown bins for perennial weed roots eg bindweed, couch. Use blue bin for non-recyclable, non-organic general waste from allotments.
- SKIPS (£350): may be provided for removal of “landfill” items only. Notices will be displayed near the gates and via mailchimp. Greater use of new blue bin is being monitored as an alternative.
- DOGS, FOXES: dogs need to be with owner and kept under control at all times. Do not encourage foxes by feeding them. Any concerns should be made known to line managers.
- SLUG PELLETS: containing metaldehyde are banned on the site as toxic to hedgehogs and birds.
- SUNDAY HUT GATHERINGS: 2nd Sunday of month 2-4pm. Everyone welcome.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
Children are very welcome but must be supervised at all times, particularly when using the ecoloo and should not be allowed to stray onto other plots.
Strimming can be dangerous and noisy. Please refer to safety advice on the website.
- WORKING PARTIES: we are committed to enhancing the whole site. There will be opportunities for you to contribute to various projects. More information at hut gatherings or via mailchimp.
Further excellent information can be found on our website www.grangelane.org under the heading of advice. Updated April 2019